Monday, June 9, 2014

Pre-Registered for the Regionals

As luck would have it, a Netrunner Regionals is happening at my local store, Pandemonium Books & Cards, and it’s happening when the wife and kids are away. I pre-registered, which should mean that I will show up and not get shy and hide in my basement when the time comes.

Competition-wise, I have no illusions of going anywhere, though I hope to get just high enough for a participation card. I assume I’ll be bringing my Next Designs and CT/Overmind decks, which are hardly Tier 1, but should be enough fun to play for the day.

To practice tonight I ended up with Next against a guy testing out his Kit build. Thanks to Replicator, he got 3 Personal Touches and 3 Lockpicks out for his Gordian, and I was surprised at how much he could break. I was able to hard-rez a Janus in his face, but even with 4 brain damage he took a long time going down.

I did do a mis-play late where I ended up overdrawing a ton and then dumping a bunch of ice into Archives that he couldn’t resist running. I ended up rezing a Heimdall 2.0 that he could pay to break. I should have used Biotic Labor to also install a Pop-up Window over the front of it, to take Kit’s ability, or just not rez it to save 11 credits.

In the end I used Director Haas to get me the extra click to score her Pet Project out of hand for the final point.

The lesson here, though, is count out the runner’s costs for everything. My big ice was not so big against a 5-strength, 3-recurring’d breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment